Top 10 WordPress Plugins for Bloggers – the best wordpress plugins for bloggers and freelance writers.
If you’re a blogger that wants to promote a product or service, a WordPress site can really help you. But if you want to maximize your blog’s potential, you need the help of plugins. Try out the plugins we have in this list:
1. Akismet- One of the most annoying things to ruin blogs are unwanted spam comments. To respond to this problem, you can use this plugin. It integrates the Akismet comment spam prevention service with your WordPress site to direct suspicious looking comment straight into your spam folder. You do need to sign up for an account to activate this plugin but once you have one, you’ll be able to thwart most unwanted spam away from your blog.
2. WP Smush.it- Pictures are an important part of any blog especially when you are trying to promote something. That’s why WP Smush.it is a valuable plugin to optimize images for your site. After installing it, each image or graphic that is uploaded will be run through the Yahoo Smush.it service reducing its file size without changing its appearance or visual quality. Existing images can also be optimized with a click of a button.
3. Visual Form Builder- If you want your readers to contact you for feedback or to avail of your services, you would need a contact form in your website. A contact form minimizes the chances of you receiving spam emails. It also ensures that any messages you receive have all the important information you need through the custom forms you create. Forms also have human-friendly anti-spam verification fields. Readers also receive a copy of their form submission and it can store submissions in your WordPress dashboard for future references.
4. Floating Social-As a blogger,it is important to get as many readers as you can by having your content on social media. Floating Social allows you to have buttons on the vertical panel of share buttons that follow the readers as they scroll down the page so they can easily share your content. The share bar’s look can also be customized to match your site’s design.
5. Infinite SEO- Another way to increase your readership to is to optimize your blog posts for search engines. Infinite SEO creates a comprehensive sitemap of your blog for Google and Bing. This makes it easier for people to find your blog through those search engines. You can also craft custom titles and meta descriptions for each post. A unique feature in this plugin is the ability to automatically link your content together so search engines can determine where your content should be in their results.
6. W3 Total Cache- No matter how nice your blog is, if it takes a long time to load you will lose some readers. This plugin can help prevent that from happening. W3 Total Cache can reduce your page load time by as much as 50% [or more]. It will also keep your site running instead of crashing in the instance of a major rush of traffic.
7. YARPP- If you need an a plugin to keep readers interested in your blog for longer, use YARPP. It will automatically display closely related articles from your blog to your readers at the end of the article so they can easily browse through content they’re interested in your site instead of looking elsewhere.
8. Sexy Bookmarks – This bookmarking tool looks great on your blog and at the same time it will encourage readers to share your blog’s content with their friends on social media. This will mean more linkbacks to your blog and more readers and potential subscribers!
9. Soliloquy – Unlike other sliders that slow down your SEO, Soliloquy is the best responsive WordPress silder available. Not only will it load your slders in blazing fast speed, but it will also look good on any screen size.
10. Sucuri- What every blog needs is protection and this is what Sucuri can offer. It can monitor the security of your site from hackers, malware and denial of service attacks. It offers real time alerts, security scanner and a malware removal service.