Godaddy Renewal Coupons 2017 – Save up to 40% on Godaddy Webhosting & Domains with these Godaddy Coupon Codes. Review + Setup tutorial included.
How to Apply Coupons: Simply click on the below 2020 Godaddy coupon of your choice and the selected discount code will automatically be applied to your order. (Last Updated: Sunday 19th of January 2020)
- Coupon #1: GODADDY50 – Take 50% OFF Godaddy Webhosting Plans
- Coupon #2: CJCRMN35 – 35% OFF New Godaddy Products
- Coupon #3: DOMAIN25 – Take 25% Godaddy Domain Registrations & Renewals
Note: Some of the above godaddy coupons, will continue working for the upcoming months of February 2020, March 2020 and April 2020 . As new ones become available will we update our listing. Towards end of 2020 , we will post the upcoming godaddy coupons 2021 for the months of January 2021 and February 2021.
Table of Contents:
Godaddy Review 2020: The good, the bad, and the in-between
You’ve probably heard of Godaddy, and it’s no wonder! They’re one of the world’s largest web hosts and have been at the forefront of the industry since 1999. However with size, you can often expect to lose a little of that intimacy and customer support that many of the other web hosts provide.
After reviewing Godaddy and everything that comes with them, we gave them a 3 out of 5 stars. We found that while they did a fantastic job in some areas like domain name registration, they fell flat in a few other places. That’s why we prefer the services of Hostgator and Justhost over Godaddy. Let’s look at what Godaddy is all about from their features to their plans to the alternatives.
Here we look at the best features that are available when you choose Godaddy as your web host. These are the ones that will benefit pretty much everyone no matter what size of business you are building online.
Control Panel: The cPanel is one of the easiest to navigate once you take some time to get used to it. If you’re a seasoned pro, you can customize it to fit your needs, and if you’re just starting out, you’ll love the ease of use it offers.
Plan options: You have a ton of plans to choose from that can help the serious blogger, the local business, and the Fortune 500 company. Because Godaddy has so many customers across the globe, you’ll notice they’ve worked to cater to many people who want different things.
Domain name registration: Later in the review we’ll go more into detail about the domain names, but it should be mentioned here as a great feature that Godaddy offers. You’ll be pleased with the amount of choices you have.
Price: When you want to get your website up and running for a reasonable price, then Godaddy has got you covered. You can have some inexpensive start-up costs, but as you grow, you may find that paying a few dollars more to upgrade plans and migrating to a host like Hostgator will give you better options.
Godaddy has plenty of coupons that will save you money when you’re just getting started. They keep their prices low to begin with, but you’ll truly notice a difference in the plan cost when you take advantage of the savings. You can spend those savings on other marketing features.
If you want to see what they have going on regarding savings, check out the “top deals” tab on their website. They offer free trails, savings, marketing offers, and more. Everything is laid out for you to go simply through at your leisure and decide what’s best for you and your online business needs.
How to Setup a Website using Godaddy
Setting up a website should never be hard, and we found that Godaddy makes it a little more complicated than is necessary. While you’ll still be able to get the job done and it can look fantastic, you might find yourself dealing with a few hiccups along the way. Here’s how our experience went.
Setup a WordPress Blog / Website
When you go to your cPanel, you’ll see the one-click WordPress installer. All you have to do is click on it, choose the domain name you’re installing WordPress on, and then you’ll be guided step-by-step through setting up your username and password, and choosing a theme. You’ll be able to post and launch your website as soon as your ready. For some people this can take hours, others will require more work and can take weeks.
While you have other website applications you can use, we cannot stress enough that WordPress will be your best option. They offer tons of support, themes, plugins, installs, and more that you’ll need to use during your journey of establishing online authority with customers and peers. It’ll save you so much time in the long run, and the more you know about WordPress, the faster you’ll be if you choose to set-up multiple sites.
Create a Website using Godaddy Site Builder
While it’s nice that they have offered a website builder for those who are not as skilled in web design, we weren’t particularly impressed with the Godaddy version. The interface was poorly designed and actually hurt SEO keyword rankings rather than improving them. The best solution is pay to have a website builder like Weebly installed, or choose a web host like Hostgator or Bluehost that already offers it for free with their plans.
Godaddy Webhosting Plans
Shared Hosting Plans:
• Economy: Starting at under $5 a month you get one domain, 100 GB storage, unlimited bandwidth, 100 email addresses, and you have the option to pay extra for site backup.
• Deluxe: If you want unlimited websites, storage, bandwidth, 500 email addresses, and free domain, but you still have to pay extra for site backup and restore. This plan is around $7 a month.
• Ultimate: Coming in at around $10 a month, you have everything unlimited that you need, plus more emails, power, and memory. But you still have to pay a la carte for backup and storage.
VPS Hosting Plans:
• 1 GB RAM: When you want a managed plan that starts at around $25 a month, then this is a great place to start. You get 40 GB of storage and 1 TB of bandwidth a month.
• 2 GB RAM: At $30 a month, you’ll receive 60 GB of storage and 2 TB of bandwidth.
• 3 GB RAM: You’ll move up in storage size, bandwidth, and speed starting at $35 a month.
• 4 GB RAM: Starting just under $50 a month and providing 120 Gb of storage and 4 TB bandwidth, you’ll have plenty to work with.
• 8 GB RAM: At about $100 a month, you’ll have premium amounts of storage and bandwidth.
Dedicated Hosting Plans:
• 2 GB RAM: If you’re just starting with dedicated hosting, start here at under $80 for the first month.
• 4 GB RAM: At about $110 a month, you get 1 TB of storage and 10 TB of bandwidth a month.
• 8 GB RAM: Coming in at about $140 to start, you’ll enjoy 1.5 TB of storage and 10 TB of bandwidth a month.
• 16 GB RAM: As you move up in plans you’ll pay about $170 a month and get more storage and bandwidth.
• 32 GB RAM: Topping out with 20 TB of bandwidth a month and 2 TB of storage, you’ll start paying around $210 a month.
Cloud Servers Hosting:
• 20 GB: At $5 a month, you get plenty of memory, core, disk space, and transfer to get your online presence started.
• 30 GB: If you want to take it up a notch, pay $10 a month with this plan.
• 40 GB: At $20 a month, you’ll have double the power you do of the 20 GB plan.
• 60 GB: For $40 a month you get 4 GB Memory, 2 core processor, 60 GB SSD disk, and 4 TB transfer.
• 80 GB: With 8 GB memory, 4 core processor, 80 GB SSD disk, and 8 TB transfer, you won’t mind paying the $80 a month.
WordPress Hosting Plans:
• Basic: If you’re beginning, you can start at $4 a month and have all of the storage and monthly visitors you need.
• Deluxe: As you gain a larger following, you can pay about $6 a month and handle 100,000 monthly visitors.
• Ultimate: Take it to the next level for around $9 a month and get enough power to cater to 400,000 visitors a month.
• Developer: At about $15 a month you get 5 websites, tons of storage, and can handle 800,000 monthly visitors.
Godaddy Domain Names
While Godaddy has had their ups and downs throughout the review, one thing that do exceptionally well is domain name registration. They’re number one in the industry because they have taken the time to perfect this service.
You can easily search for a new domain in bulk or individually, there are plenty of new domain extensions, and if you’re interested in a name that is already taken, you can simply reach a domain broker and they’ll find out if they can purchase the name from the current owner. Godaddy understands that your brand needs to be represented in your domain name, and they do everything they can to ensure you get what you want.
Plus, you’ll have access to investor tools, auctions, and many other services that will enhance your online business and give you advantages when it comes to owning domains. They also work hard to offer quality security measures to ensure you’re protected.
While Godaddy does a lot of things right, they’re also lacking in a few key areas. Here are some fantastic alternatives if you want to test out a different web host before you commit to one.
Hostgator: Hostgator has one of the best customer support teams in place. They are fast to help you out, and their plans are comprehensive and easy to transition through. Their prices are fair (and there are plenty of coupons), and you can test out their 45-day money back guarantee. Plus, they have Weebly, which is going to make web design a breeze.
Justhost: With some of the lowest prices around, Justhost has plans that are easy to understand, and their customer support is excellent. Justhost is great for people who are just starting out and in need of some extra guidance that can get lost when you go with a larger host like Godaddy. If you want to check out the cPanel before you make any commitments, go to their website and test out the free demo.
Dreamhost: If you want to showcase your design and WordPress skills, then Dreamhost is perfect for you. They aren’t the least expensive in the industry, but it’s because of the amount of quality they offer. While not everyone will need all of their resources, it’s nice to know they’re there when you do need them. Depending on what you want, you’ll have the opportunity to test out many of their services and plans for thirty days.
Bluehost: Bluehost does a wonderful job when it comes to customer support, plans, and they keep a watchful eye on your site to make sure that it’s getting the speed and power you need. Their control panel is easy to navigate, and you get a lot of marketing options. Plus, they have a 30-day money back guarantee that’s easy to use, so you can take them for a test drive before you commit.
Godaddy in the News
There are a few fun offers from Godaddy that makes them stand out from the rest. When they decided to pair up with Microsoft® Office 365 plans to help enhance email and business interactions, people stood up and took notice.
Godaddy is also well known for being the world’s leading domain registrar, so they have the experience that you need to be successful. Plus, their names come at a great price, and you’ll have a ton to choose from. They’ve been at the forefront of the industry since 1999, and they aren’t showing signs of slowing down anytime soon.
Godaddy’s employees are big into giving back to the community. They volunteer and donate to charity throughout the year because they understand the importance of non-profit groups. We appreciate that they take those around them seriously and caringly.
While Godaddy has some pretty great features and plans, they just didn’t hit the mark for us as the best comprehensive host around. We prefer hosts like Hostgator and Justhost because they are a little more focused and easy to understand, and they don’t have those hidden fees that can accumulate with Godaddy. If your main focus is working with domain names and services, you’ll be really happy. But when you want a solid website builder and more thorough customer support, check out some of the other hosts at no risk and use their money back guarantee.